Our Services & Procedures
Dr. Sangeetha Kolluri is proud to be exclusively focused on breast health and disease, including genetic evaluation and assessment of risk for breast cancer. Dr. Kolluri also performs numerous in-office procedures with ultrasound guidance, to assist in the diagnosis of breast disease.
Dr. Kolluri is a Hidden Scar trained surgeon and delivers optimal clinical and aesthetic outcomes for patients with breast cancer. She routinely utilizes Hidden Scar incisions such as peri-areolar, axillary and inframammary, with excellent cosmetic outcomes.
She is committed to improving the patient experience by using a wire-free approach to localization of breast cancer during surgery. She is breast ultrasound certified by the American Society of Breast Surgeons, and frequently uses other wire-free options such as the Savi Scout radar localizer tag and Faxitron RFID LOCalizer tag to accurately remove breast cancer with minimal defect.
For breast cancer patients, Dr. Kolluri additionally places a BioZorb (a bio-absorbable tumor marker within the lumpectomy cavity.) Dr. Kolluri is extremely experienced in using this leading edge tool to facilitate oncoplastic reconstruction of the lumpectomy cavity, to avoid breast defects after surgery and radiation.
Dr. Kolluri frequently partners with plastic surgeons in Austin and San Antonio to provide breast reconstruction options such as DIEP flap and implant-based reconstruction at the time of mastectomy.
Conditions we treat
Here is a list of conditions Dr. Kolluri routinely treats with tremendous success:
- Breast cancer: invasive ductal carcinoma (IDC), invasive lobular carcinoma (ILC), ductal carcinoma in-situ (DCIS)
- High risk lesions for breast cancer: atypical ductal hyperplasia (ADH), atypical lobular hyperplasia (ALH), lobular carcinoma in situ (LCIS), radial scar
- Benign breast lesions: fibroadenoma, intraductal papilloma, phyllodes tumor and many more
- Mastitis: periductal mastitis, granulomatous mastitis, complex lactational mastitis
- Breast pain / mastalgia
- Family history of breast cancer / high risk breast cancer, including high risk protocol for risk-reduction and increased breast surveillance
- Gynecomastia / breast enlargement in males: medical evaluation
- Male breast cancer
Here is a comprehensive list of in-office procedures Dr. Kolluri performs to diagnose breast cancer:
- Breast mass ultrasound-guided core needle biopsy
- Axillary lymph node ultrasound-guided core needle biopsy
- Axillary lymph node ultrasound-guided tattooing
- Bedside chemo-port removal
- Incisional/punch biopsy
Here is a list of surgical procedures Dr. Kolluri performs in a hospital setting:
- Breast lumpectomy, with Hidden Scar incision: with Savi Scout or ultrasound guidance
- Oncoplastic reconstruction of lumpectomy defect
- Skin-sparing and nipple-sparing mastectomy, with minimal scar/Hidden Scar
- Sentinel lymph node biopsy
- Axillary lymph node dissection
- “Donut” mastopexy/breast lift (for cancer diagnosis)
- Port insertion for chemotherapy treatment, with ultrasound and fluoroscopy guidance